1.59.00 iPhone 4
Convert-able + Unlockable :
5.14.02 Convert-able to 6.15.00 3Gs
5.15.04 Convert-able to 6.15.00 3Gs
5.16.00 Convert-able to 6.15.00 3Gs
5.16.01 Convert-able to 6.15.00 3Gs
5.16.02 Convert-able to 6.15.00 3Gs
NOT Unlockable "YET''
2.10.04 iPhone 4
3.10.01 iPhone 4
4.10.01 iPhone 4
What is Baseband :
For the iPhone, baseband refers to a specific piece of software code that controls the mobile and radio communications portion of the iPhone's functionality.
This runs on a standalone chip which is designed with a (more strict) security model that restricts unauthorised code execution. Simply jailbreaking your phone is not enough to bypass this baseband cpu security model - this is why only specific versions of baseband can be unlocked (with these versions, a way has been found to bypass the security model and execute unsigned code)
Questions : :spinme
- How to unlock if you have the right BB ?
Using Ultrasn0w by going into Cydia > Search > Ultrasn0w > Install then reboot .
- If I have the newer baseband that are not Unlockable what should I do ?
Well first of all you are screwed ;-) Just kidding, you have 2 options :
- Wait for Dev-Team to hack them ( Only GOD knows when )
- Buy a GEVEY SIM PRO that costs 35$ ( Lots of us did )
- Buy a Rebel SIM card , they come in 2 versions Pro (65$) , Micro (48$) ( They are new & mysterious ) Turned out that they are FAKE ( Dont Buy One ).
Note : Also, people must realize that going to the iPad baseband of 6.15.00 cannot be reversed or undone and will void your warranty forever. It has also been known to cause GPS not to work. Be advised before you install that baseband. ''Sparksman''
If you have any questions please leave a comment .